Established in 1984, Cultural Academy for Peace is committed to nurturing a society based on peace, justice, reconciliation and respect for life. Cultural Academy brings together peace activists, educators and community leaders striving to augment awareness and create a culture of peace and social justice in Asia especially in India. Being pioneers of social development and social action through active nonviolence, Cultural Academy continues its mission through community development work, nonviolent education and training for peaceful co-existence. It focuses on various channels of advocacy, lobbying from the Panchayat to the Parliament level networking with the Government, National and International organizations to work for nonviolent social change and build up a peaceful society.
Towards a gender just society based on human values, equality, development and peace
To create a society based on peace, justice, reconciliation and respect for life where models of domination and destruction are replaced by those of nurture and cooperation
To engage in human rights-based activities and programmes through legal literacy, redress mechanisms, capacity building and counseling to address violence against women and children.
• To build regional, national and international links to support women and increase their capacities to become more effective advocates for women’s fundamental human rights.
• To promote programmes with a gender approach to attain equal opportunities for women in all areas.
• To lead women from the village council to the negotiation tables
• To work towards nonviolent social change and raise a peaceful society by mainstreaming gender and gender sensitive active nonviolence.
• To address global issues like nuclear warfare, disarmament and environmental issues