Awards and Recognition
- Cultural Academy for Peace Chairperson was awarded the “1000 WOMEN FOR THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 2005” – A global initiative by the Switzerland government parliamentarians recognizing the initiative and contributions of women in peace building. (www.1000peacewomen.org).
- Cultural Academy for Peace Chairperson was nominated for the ‘NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 2005’ as one of the “1000 WOMEN FOR THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 2005”.
- Cultural Academy for Peace Chairperson was awarded the ‘SPIRIT OF ASSISI NATIONAL AWARD 2008’ by the ‘Franciscan Centre for Peace and Dialogue’ for ‘her tireless work among the women victims of violence both in the public sphere and in the private domain.
- Cultural Academy for Peace, Chairperson was awarded by Kerala State Social Welfare Board in 2013 ‘for her meritorious service towards peacemaking initiative’.
- She was awarded 2015 TIAW World of Difference 100 Award.
Cultural Academy for Peace was represented at
- United Nations World Conference in Beijing , China (1995).
- United Nations World Conference Beijing +5 in New York (2000).
- United Nations World Conference Beijing +10 in New York (2005).
- The United Nations Special Program on Women and Culture of Non-Violence and Peace, Vietnam.
- Initiated the launching of the UN’s declaration of “Decade for a Culture of Non Violence and Peace for the Children of the World” in Kerala State. Children and Faculty from different Schools participated in this One Day program where the UN Chief Mr. Richard Yung has invited as the Chief Guest of the day. This Decade long program aimed at empowering Children.
- United Nations security council resolution 1325 - Security of women in conflict areas (Swedish Ecumenical Women’s Council campaign which lasted for 2-3 years) Partnership in Sexual Health Program by the State Government (PSH)