Our Upcoming Projects
- Community Peace Village
The Peace Village aims at providing a safe and peaceful environment to the target group by providing small cottage system. A system whereby people who are seeking to experience community living come together as an extended community, which had been the practice of early Indian villages. This way of life disappeared in the modern society wherein people are looking for their own privacy and comfort as seen in the nuclear family today. To achieve this, we aim to bring various activities together to ensure recovery from their traumatic past and a holistic psychosocial upliftment. Activities will include programs like counseling, occupational therapy, life skills education, art therapy especially music and dance theatres, meditation, gardening and skill development courses, coping with trauma, etc. This will not only provide them with a means of livelihood, but will also help them to reintegrate into the mainstream society. Furthermore, this will give them a sense of owning a home and living a normal life just like everyone else. The Community Peace Center will serve the psychological needs of the residents by providing space for medication, yoga, quiet corners, etc.
In addition to this, the Peace Village will also have its doors open to welcome the Peace, Social and Academic activists, in and around by providing a special platform to get to know and learn about the non-violent way of living. This village also could function as a centre for trainings and workshops on Conflict Management, Mediation and Negotiation Skills, etc.
This community helps us to bring together all our activities under one roof wherein people from different cultures and traditions share their experiences whereby we can envisage a unique culture. Together, with this project, we wish to build a world where there is respect for life through non-violent strategies.
1. To provide a safe and peaceful environment to the women and children who are survivors of various abuses by bringing various activities together
2. To provide a holistic recovery of the survivors from the traumas
3. Include trauma healing programs like counseling, occupational therapy, life skills education, art therapy especially music and dance theatres, etc.
4. Open its door to welcome the Peace, Social and Academic activists, from different continents by providing a special platform to get to know and learn about the non-violent way of living in the context of indigenous culture and tradition.
1. Purchase of 20 cents (0.2 acres) of land – to construct small cottages, places for meditation, therapeutic and counseling corners, buildings for various skill development programs, meeting and seminar halls, temporary stay for the volunteers, interns and guests who wish to associate with us.
2. At present in Kerala, the approximate amount for 1 cent (0.01 acre) of land is 500 Thousand Rupees, i.e. 7500 US Dollars.
3. So, for 20 cents (0.2 acres) of land, it will cost about 1, 50,000 US Dollars.
We seek partners, groups and individuals who can partner with this project and contribute in their own ways.
- Food on Wheels
‘Food on Wheels’ is an initiative by Cultural Academy for Peace to collect the extra/perishable food that gets piled up in the bakeries and restaurants by the end of the day either to be thrown away or to be served in the next morning batch. This good quality dry foods and confectionaries will be distributed to the hungry and needy, i.e. the homeless, migrants, inmates of emergency and rescue homes.